Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Farewell Gesture

My farewell gesture to a world in crisis: there are so many interesting developments around the world that the temptation is great to wait and observe how things work out--how well they fit my predictions in the book. But reality intervenes; I am rapidly getting too old to have the luxury of watching events as they unfold. I must stop being a perfectionist and get my thoughts down quickly on the internet in some fashion while my brain still functions.

With this in mind then I will selectively re-examine some of the big problems in human misbehavior which I enumerated (perhaps not in great enough detail). This approach will allow me to take up any related topic in random order and gradually build up a collection of meaningful epiphanies.



Topic (I) Understanding the gift of life

The flow of energy from sun light to a living cell, and thence to work or activities performed by various life entities is graphically expressed in a flow diagram in my Blog dated July 24,2010. This “diamond” version of the J-cycle should, in time, become as familiar and globally accepted as the solar system diagram of Copernicus. This free gift of life, however, has constraints and limits not negotiable by human authorities. The most essential limit is the time rate of conversion of sun light to activities-giving energy through photosynthesis. This is accomplished by using a weak source of radiation energy, eight light-minutes away, so that water based cell life would not be destroyed. Needless to say, a hydrogen bomb detonated on earth can only destroy life, not hasten the conversion rate. Therefore, for a very short time, mankind may exceed this limit by burning fossil fuel to create additional energy. The lifestyle and population count so happily enjoyed by developed and developing nations of the world will collapse disastrously with the approaching exhaustion of FF.
***to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment